Monday 28 March 2011

End of Day Reflection ...

I have decided to do my project on World Culture Standard 8: Recognize significant events and people from the post World War II and Cold War eras.  I am excited to start a new project!!!  I have decided on the essential question:

What did the main leaders of WW11 and the Cold war have in common?

I sent in my literary analysis rough draft (YAY!!!) and I am now working on my project planning form which I need to finish.  I have decided not to use Prezi this time for two reasons; (a) I am a perfectionist, and on Prezi, if you mess up one thing, you have to move everything over a millimeter to another direction and make it smaller then add things (which takes about ages) ... not for me and (b) I have never even heard of these things before (to present things in a better way than a Powerpoint - here in South Africa, a powerpoint is super high-tech.  Posters are totally in .... the majority of people do not have internet) so, I decided to try something new - Glogster!  It looks like tons of fun and more user friendly (for me at least, I am sometimes technically challenged :) ).  

My next steps are to finish my project planning form, then start an outline of my project.  I am still waiting to hear from my experts from my other project ...

I am finally starting to get used to the new hours of schooling - I went from waking up at 6:00 to get to school (yuck ... ) and going to sleep around 9:30 to waking up late and going to sleep late - it is always so strange to talk through Skype and see that it is morning there, or that my dinner 'break' is at lunch ... but I like it!  It makes life more interesting ..... so, instead of saying I have to go home now and have my afternoon, I am saying goodnight, I need to go to sleep ... so strange ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment